What is Big Data and Hadoop?
Big Data is the enormous amount of structured, semi structured and unstructured data from which information can be mined. It is characterized by the volume and variety of data as well as the velocity at which the data is processed.
Hadoop is a free, open source software framework that basically stores enormous data sets across distributed clusters of servers and then runs applications on each cluster. It fundamentally changes the way enterprises store, process, and analyze data and enables multiple types of analytic workloads to run on the same data, at the same time.
Why is Hadoop important?
- Big Data technologies identify ways to do business efficiently.
- Hadoop’s ability to store and process huge amounts of any kind of data, quickly is an important benefit with data volumes and varieties constantly increasing, especially from social media and the Internet of Things.
- Hadoop’s distributed computing model processes big data fast which means the more computing nodes you use, the more processing power you have.
- Hadoop makes sure that even if a node fails, jobs are automatically redirected to other nodes to make sure the distributed computing does not fail.
- On Hadoop, any amount of data (that includes unstructured data like text, images and videos) can be stored without being pre-processed.
- The open-source framework is free and uses commodity hardware to store large quantities of data.
- Without much administration, the system can be made to handle more data by adding more nodes.
Why the course is most sought after?/ What are the career benefits in-store for you?
- Google, Yahoo, Apple, Hortonworks, Oracle, Amazon, IBM, Cisco and many other companies are in need of Hadoop developers.
- Many positions like product managers, Hadoop developers, software testers, senior Hadoop developers and database administrators are open for Hadoop Certified candidates.
- Hadoop has a robust ecosystem and many organizations are making it a part of their web stack.
- Hadoop can manage both structured and unstructured data and hence companies use it to modify their search engines and actively employ data engineers to support data-enabled personalization services.
- Along with Hadoop, many similar technologies like Pig, HBase, Zookeeper and Cassandra are making news too and the demand for Hadoop developers is high.
- Facebook, Flipkart, Jabong, or Amazon use Hadoop for analyzing data that is created by their million customer base every single second – mastering Hadoop skills will be considered as the next big dream frontier for any developer in India.
- Big Data companies in India are spending big on IT professionals who can improve the value of their competing plans by influencing big data analytics efficiently.
- IT professionals can make big in this expanding world of Big Data by gaining experience in Hadoop and similar technologies to sparkle with brilliance.
What are the objectives of this course?
- The course targets corporate candidates who want to learn the niche technologies of Hadoop, AWS and Spark in a single course.
- The course will cover:
a. Basic concepts of Big Data
b. The core technologies of Hadoop
c. How Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS) and MapReduce work
d. What other projects exist in the Hadoop ecosystem
e. How to develop MapReduce jobs
f. Algorithms for common MapReduce tasks
g. How to create large workflows using multiple MapReduce jobs
h. Best practices for debugging Hadoop jobs
i. Advanced features of the Hadoop API
j. Hadoop 2.7 & YARN
k. Detailed Hadoop Ecosystem – Hive, Pig, Sqoop, Flume, Oozie, Zookeeper etc.
l. Introduction to Apache Spark
m. Hadoop on AWS
What are the projects you will be working on?
- WhatsApp Analytics – Participants WhatsApp data will be collected and analytics can be done on it using MapReduce Code
- 3 Hive hands-on projects
- 3 Pig hands-on projects
Who should do this course?
- Data Scientists
Fundamental knowledge of any programming language like Java, SQL etc would aid you but isn’t mandatory.
No Reviews found for this course.