Master the art of creating interesting and effective data visualizations with D3.js
Mastering D3.js will show you everything that goes into a data visualization from start to finish. You will learn about the details of using D3.js, structuring and debugging your code, and the logic behind data visualization.
You will start the course with some data and a goal. You will then be guided on the quest of turning that data into an interactive picture for the Web. Following the example, you will master D3 layouts, learn about adding animations and user interaction to make your visualization responsive, scrape more data when needed, and learn about making pretty maps. You will learn to use libraries such as Bootstrap, Figue, and Lo-dash to add those extra features. If an obstacle appears, you will conquer it. Finally you’ll learn to debug your code and learn the best practices of this trade. You’ll also see some interesting examples of good visualization and information design.
When you finish the course, you will have mastered data visualization with D3.js. You will be an expert!
Who this course is for
What you will learn from this course
- Create your own D3.js code that you can use for your future projects
- Use functional programming, time formatting, and parsing to transform data from HTML to a cleaner CSV
- Scrape and process data from the Web for your app
- Delve into the intricacies of D3.js to build geography-based visualizations
- Implement animation like transitions, delays, and timers to make things move in a controlled way
- Build upon animations to make you react to user input
- Get some extra help from libraries built on top of D3.js to implement additional features to your app
No Reviews found for this course.