What is MongoDB?
MongoDB is an open source database that is built on an architecture of collections and documents instead of using tables and rows as in relational databases. Documents comprise sets of key-value pairs and are the basic unit of data in MongoDB while collections contain sets of documents and function as the equivalent of relational database tables.
MongoDB allows the documents in a collection to have different fields and structures hence supports dynamic schema design. The database uses a document storage and data interchange format called BSON, which provides a binary representation of JSON-like documents. Automatic sharing enables data in a collection to be distributed across multiple systems for horizontal scalability as data volumes increase.
Why is MongoDB important?
- MongoDB is quick with an easy learning curve and runs on node server.
- MongoDB is scalable and also been used by lots of enterprise company’s in their production phase.
- MongoDB can store arrays of addresses with ease.
- MongoDB is great for heterogeneous collections of content types cause of its flexible schema design.
- MongoDB allows evolution of the structure of form data over time.
- MongoDB keeps data with complex relationships together in one object.
- MongoDB doesn’t need to maintain separate collections or schemas and it varies message meta-data easily per message or message type.
- MongoDB allows structured log data which is the future.
- Graphs with just objects and pointers makes MongoDB popular.
- MongoDB understands geo-spatial coordinates and natively supports geo-spatial indexing.
What are the objectives of this course?
- NoSQL (sometimes mentioned as Not Only SQL) refers to a broad set of technologies that mostly are describing non-relational data technologies. The amount of data is growing rapidly, and the nature of data is changing as well. More than 80% of data generated today is unstructured or semi-structured, so developers also need a database that is capable of efficiently storing it.
- MongoDB is a document database that provides high performance, high availability, and easy scalability.
- A database holds a set of collections.
- A collection holds a set of documents.
- Documents have dynamic schema.
- Dynamic schema means that documents in the same collection do not need to have the same set of fields or structure.
What are the projects you will work on in this project?
It is related with the e-commerce Project Data where we have stored the Document / Array / Structured / unstructured and semi-structured data . Where we have how to enhance the Mongo DB performance .how to do the Maintenance / Administrator related task.
Why the course is most sought after?/ What are the career benefits in-store for you?
- The average salary of MongoDB professionals is 55000 pounds annually.
- MongoDB is a document database that lets businesses be more scalable and agile replacing relational databases.
- Startups and Fortune 500 companies use MongoDB to reduce costs, create new kinds of applications, reduce time to market and improve customer experience.
- According to the MongoDB website, Telefonica has improved storage costs by 67%, time to market by four times and performance by 100 times and MetLife has developed a 360-degree view of more than 100 million customers in a quarter.
- MongoDB allowed a tier 1 investment bank saved 40 million dollars in five years.
- MongoDB allowed Mailbox to recreate the mobile inbox and expand to more than 1 million in about 6 weeks.
Who should do this course?
The course can be taken up by:
- Database Administrators and Architects
- Software Developers and Architects
- Project Managers
- IT developers and Testers
- Analytics and Research professionals
- System Administrators
- Basic knowledge of any programming language.
- Understanding of any database.
No Reviews found for this course.