What is Python?
Python is a high level, interpreted, object-oriented programming language used for general purpose that has gained popularity because of its clear syntax and readability. It is relatively easy to learn and is portable, meaning its statements can be interpreted in a number of operating systems, including UNIX-based systems, Mac OS, MS-DOS, OS/2, and various versions of Microsoft Windows 98. The source code is freely available and can be modified and reused. Python has a significant number of users.
Why is Python important?
- Python is processed at runtime by the interpreter and you do not need to compile your before executing it.
- Python supports technique of programming that encapsulates code within objects.
- Python is a great language for the beginner programmers and supports the development of a wide range of applications from simple text processing to www browsers to games.
- Python’s source code is fairly easy-to-maintain.
- The library is very portable and cross-platform compatible on UNIX, Windows and Macintosh.
- Python allows interactive testing and debugging of snippets of code.
- Python has the same interface on all platforms it runs on.
- You can add low-level modules to the Python interpreter which enable programmers to add to or customize their tools to be more efficient.
- Python provides interfaces to all major commercial databases.
- Python provides a better structure and support for large programs than shell scripting.
What are the objectives of the course?
1. In depth understanding of Python programming
2. Write programs in Python
What are the projects you would take up in this course?
You will be doing a project which involves all the topics you learned from the course. This is an individual project for which the instructor will be defining the problem statement at the end of the course. This project will not take more than 2 hours to complete it.
Why the course is most sought after?/ What are the career benefits in-store for you?
- Companies such as Google, Yahoo!, Disney, Nokia, and IBM all use Python.
- Python had the largest year-on-year job demand growth at 19%.
- The overall hiring demand for IT professionals dipped year over year by 5% as of January 2016, except for Python programmers which increased by 8.7%.
- Python developers ranked #8 of the most in-demand tech workers, making an average of $106k/year.
Who should do this course?
- Software Engineers
No Reviews found for this course.